custom-header-menu

custom-header-blank-space



Thursday, May 22, 2014

USEFUL PHRASES IN PORTUGUESE: EXPRESS FEELINGS



SENTIR, CHATEAR-SE, PREOCUPAR-SE, OFENDER-SE, ABORRECER-SE .

These are the verbs most often used to express feelings. Let's see some examples of using these verbs to express feelings:

"Sinto ter de dizer isso a você"
[I'm sorry to have to say this to you]

"Fico chateado de saber como suas férias foram ruins"
[It bothers me to know how your vacation was bad]

"Me preocupa não entender os portugueses quando eu for a Portugal"
[It worries me not understand Portuguese people when I go to Portugal]

"Me ofende ouvir tuas palavras"
[Offends me to hear your words]

"Aborreço-me ao ter de esperar pelos outros"
[I get angry to have to wait for others]

"Sinto muito que você esteja passando mal nesses dias"
[I'm so sorry you're sick these days]

"Me aborrece muito quando te vejo triste"
[It makes me angry when I see you sad]

"Me preucupa que esta criança se comporte mal na escola"
[It worries me that this child behaved badly at school]

Another way to express feelings is using the verb "dar" in the following form:

me dá pena + que + ... [it's a pity]
me dá raiva + que + ... [it makes me angry]
me dá medo + que + ... [that scares me]

Examples:
"Me dá pena que essas coisas aconteçam hoje em dia"
[it's a pity that those things happen today]

"Me dá raiva que você nunca me leve para a praia"
[It makes me angry that you never take me to the beach]

"Me dá medo que existam cobras neste parque"
[It scares me that there are snakes in the park]





No comments:

Post a Comment